Saturday, February 26, 2011

Kerang Kuala Kurau

It was a Saturday. After attending a wedding 30 minutes away from Teluk Intan, I headed to Taiping for a days rest and decided to continue my journey early morning the next day. The clock struck 12 and I was clueless to where I'd be heading tomorrow. Will it be Kuala Gula? We'll see...

I left at 6am and headed the highway. Took the north Taiping exit and found the route towards Kuala Gula and Tanjung Piandang.

It was still pitch dark and I had no idea what the town had to offer. I lingered through the small town and found myself in it's sunday market (pasar tani) and had myself a yummy 'personal order' of Apam Balik Jagung Lebih at only 60sen each (harga biasa 50sen, jagung melimpah kasi 60sen je...murah gile!).

After happily fueled (though eyes still half opened), wandered off and found this spot where fishermen or should i call  them 'kerang-men' were starting their daily operations.

Have a look at What Eyva Saw


 

'Kerang-man' chucking out those empty shells

Kerang buckets

'Kerang-man'

Ruins near the shore. I was told by the 'kerang-men' that 
they too were affected by the previous Tsunami hit.


Next time you pass by Kuala Kurau, be sure to stop by and get some fresh kerang.
Yummy for Char Koay Tiaw!

2 comments:

  1. Interesting subject matter, tapi banyak lagi boleh explore. patut pergi kuala sepetang ..
    tk

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks...Kuala Sepetang is for my personal project on film for future exhibit.

    ReplyDelete